3D Dental CT Scan
The Planmeaca ProMax 3D is the latest dental x-ray machines utilized at BIDC. The 3D CT Scan machine designed to obatin complete information on patient anatomy.
Perfect field size for all needs
Planmeca ProMax 3D family offers a solution for the most demanding imaging needs, producing various imaging sizes with one concept – an ideal imaging size for different maxillofacial applications is at hand at all times.
Planmeca ProMax 3D concept performs everything from the minutest detail to full maxillofacial image. The possibility to select the imaging area according to the actual imaging need increases effectiveness and reduces the patient dose.
Complies with every imaging need
- Planmeca ProMax 3D concept is expressly designed to comply with the needs of modern surgical dentistry.
- The 3D CT Scan unit complies with a multitude of diagnostic requirements including endodontics, periodontics, orthodontics, implantology, dental and maxillofacial surgery, and TMJ analysis.
- With all the Planmeca ProMax 3D models CT machine, study volume sizes are selectable to meet diagnostic needs without excess radiation outside the area of interest.
- The Planmeca ProMax concept is unique in that the 3D imaging modality is reachable with a simple upgrade of a digital Planmeca ProMax.
- Planmeca ProMax 3D CT x-ray machine makes effective three-dimensional imaging possible
- The unique SCARA technology (Selectively Compliant Articulated Robot Arm) enables free formation of the imaging geometry.
- Pivoted joints, computer-controlled SCARA arm can produce any movement pattern required, ensuring perfectly accurate and reliable image volume positioning
Flat panel for accurate images
- The direct deposit CsI semiconductor flat panel produces accurate, distortion-free images for 3D reconstruction.
- Unlike image intensifier sensors that use old vacuum tube technology and multi-step focusing, flat panels use single step image readouts with no geometric distortion, no loss of sensitivity, and therefore no need for frequent calibration yet providing accurate imaging.
- During the scan, each image is made using a short X-ray pulse instead of continuous radiation.
- The total scanning time is 18 seconds, but the actual exposure time is only 3 – 12 seconds.
- The technique reduces patient radiation dose considerably and forms a stroboscopic X-ray effect which, together with the shortened rotation scan (only 200 degrees), virtually eliminates artefacts, contributing to the outstanding image quality.
Graphical user interface guides the user
- The full colour TFT display and the graphical user interface (GUI) on the CT Scan machine guide the operator with text and clear graphic symbols.
- All exposure settings are logically grouped and easy to understand, which makes the imaging procedure quick, and allows the operator to fully focus on patient positioning and communication.
The Planmeca Romexis 3D Explorer, the 3D image acquisition software for Planmeca ProMax 3D CT Scan machine, enables flexible viewing in all three relevant projections: axial, coronal, and sagittal. The software incorporates a re-slicing feature, which enhances the projections and enables real-time three-dimensional viewing in the desired angle. A rendered 3D view provides a realistic overview of the anatomy.
Thailand Implantologists, prosthodontist