Dental Diagnosis & GP
General dentistry involves professional checkups and cleaning in maintaining teeth and gums so that they remain healthy for a life-time. The main streams under general practice includes:
- Dental Diagnosis
- Scaling and Polishing
- Dental Fillings
Dental Diagnosis is the most important aspect in modern dentistry. Oral examinations and checkup are done to ensure a proper treatment plan is drawn and executed.
Scaling & Polishing
Scaling is done to remove calculus or tartar on teeth that causes tooth decay and gum infections. Professional polishing is done to restore your teeth’s natural sheen.
Dental fillings are the most common restoration done to fill a portion of tooth after cavities or decay is removed
Dental Diagnosis & GP: Dental Diagnosis
Dental Diagnosis is the most important aspect in modern dentistry. Oral examinations, x-rays and checkups are done to ensure a proper treatment plan is drawn and executed. The dental diagnosis determines what types of treatments and how an individual patient case is to be treated.
Two main aspects are looked at on dental diagnosis at our clinic:
- Dental diagnosis policies and standards
- Dental diagnosis technologies
Dental Diagnosis Policies and Standards
At our dental clinic in Bangkok, our clinic is dedicated dental center with simple objectives:
1) Professionalism in code of conduct
2) International standards
3) Quality care of patients with compassion
Our policies and control checks are set to provide transparency. We believe in taking the time to educate each of patient on their options and setting realistic targets. Our dental specialists and dentists are a selected group of qualified and skilled individuals chosen to treat our patients in their specific field of expertises.
A hoslistic approach is taken to ensure that our patients are properly and professionally treated. As with all our treatments, our team takes into considerations the patients long-term prognosis.
Over 85% of our dental specialists are overseas graduates trained in the United Kingdom, United States and other parts of the world.
Dental Diagnosis Technologies
To aid our dentists and dental specialists in dental diagnosis and providing good quality dental care, modern equipments and techniques are utilized.
Our dental clinic has our own panoramic x-ray machines are used to facilitate systemic diagnoses and treatment plans. Our dental clinic has over 10 treatment rooms, each equipped with modern dental units designed for patient comfort .
Within each specific stream of dentistry, our dental specialists are also aided and guided by specialized instruments with the patient safety functions. The endomate and root apex locator are used in endodontic treatments. The OsseoCare unit for dental implants placement. Advanced laser systems are used in tooth whitening, prosthodontic treatments and oral surgeries.
Sterilization standards are of the uptmost importances at our clinic. Our dental clinic places emphasis on sterilization policies and controls, sterilization equipments, personalized sterilization options and have dedicated sterilization machines and technologies in protecting the safety of our patients. Tools such as autoclave sterilizer , ultrasonic cleanser , cold sterilizer, vacuum machine, sunction machines and one-time disposable materials are used to ensure high standards of hygiene and cleaniness are met.
Our clinical handpieces, dental units and other machines are selected not only for their technological advancements but also for their design focus on sterilization approaches.
Dental Diagnosis & GP: Fillings
f part of a tooth has been lost through decay or damaged due to an accident, your dentist may put in a dental filling. Dental fillings are used to fill a portion of tooth or plug the hole and stop any future pain or discomfort.
Types of Dental Fillings
There are two basic types of dental fillings:
Our clinics uses the 3M ESPE Filtek for composite resin fillings. The 3M ESPE utilises developments in nanotechnology enabling high-quality restorations as well as excellent mechanical properties and strength.
Benefits of 3M ESPE Filtek
- Nanosized filler particles create a brilliant polish and retention
- Gives excellent strength, durability and wear resistance for even the toughest posterior restorations
- Can be used for simple to complex restorations involving layering and combining two and opacities
- Low polymerization shrinkage for less stress on the tooth and less sensitivity potential for patients
- Fluorescence contributes to a more natural looking restoration
- Unique nanocomposite-based restorative combines strength and high-quality esthetics
The above information has been taken from 3M ESPE website.
Procedure for Composite Resin Dental Fillings Treatment
The course of treatment described here is one of several options available at our dental clinic. Consult your dentist to find out what the best solution is for you, given your specific condition.
First evaluation and fillings tooth preparation
- decay in tooth is removed and clean cavity of bacteria and debris
- prepare space for the filling
Application of dental fillings
- tooth-colored material is placed in layers
- a special light that “cures” or hardens each layer is applied
- shape composite material to the desired result, trim off any excess material
- polish final restoration
Having dental fillings and fillings replacement done is a quick and relatively simple process. There should be little or no sensitivity in teeth.
Dental fillings treatment can usually be completed within one visit if warranted. If however, there are a large number of fillings, the visits may be separated for better patient comfort.
Care for Dental Fillings
To maintain your fillings, you should follow good oral hygiene practices:
- Brush at least twice a day. It is good practice to brush after eating and before bedtime.
- Floss at least once to twice a day.
- Rinse with fluoride rinse before bed. Swish the fluoride rinse vigorously in your mouth for at least one minute. Do not swallow any of the rinse and do not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes
- See your dentist for regular professional check-ups and cleanings. If your dentist suspects that a filling might be cracked or is “leaking”, further assessment of the situation should be done
- If your tooth is extremely sensitive, if you feel a sharp edge, if you notice a crack in the filling, or if a piece of the filling is missing, call your dentist