Dental veneers, also called porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates, are wafer-thin shells placed over the front surface of teeth to improve tooth appearance. Veneers are ideal for teeth that are too small, too big, have uneven surfaces or impoving color shades creating a durable and pleasing smile.
Benefits of Veneers
- Typically veneers are difficult to stain and durable
- Corrects the alignment of teeth “instant braces”
- Brightens your smile and improve self-esteem
- Has translucence and texture similar natural enamel
- Closes gaps between teeth
- Lengthens and reshape teeth
- Repairs chipped, broken, worn down or misshapen teeth
- Covers tretracycline stains and other discolorations such as fluorosis, prescence of large resin fillings
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well
- Color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter
- Does not require extensive shaping that crowns do and is a stronger, more aesthetic alternative to bonding
Types of Veneers
Our clinics uses IPS Empress II System and IPS Empress Esthetics from Ivoclar Vivadent for veneers. The opalescent IPS Empress II and Esthetic veneer layering materials imitates natural teeth.